Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

*.pst

• Please log in to reply

Lukar

Lukar

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Why can't I find / see any pst files eg. archive.pst? Should be under C:\Documents and Settings\lukar\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst but I can't find the "Application Data" folder. Is it hidden and how could I access it?

Another q is: is it possible to have multiple archive folder pst files so that the only one doesn't get too big?

Thanks for help!

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, and welcom to Geeks to Go!

1. Application Data folder. It is a hidden folder. To see it, open My Computer, Tools menu, Folder Options, View tab. Check Show Hidden Files and Folders. Now you should be able to see the folder.

2. Multiple PST files. You can create as many PST files as you want. Outlook no longer has a 2GB size limit for PST files, but you will notice drag the larger the file gets.

If you have any other questions, please come back to see us.

Lukar

Lukar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks LindaGail, I see the app data folder now.
Could you please explain how to create multiple pst files - not within archive.pst but parallel to it?
Thanks!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
in outlook click file > data file management > add > choose either the outlook or the outlook 97 (doubt you have outlook 97) and press ok...pick a place to store it...give it a name...start using it

Lukar

Lukar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks dsnette! I probably should have found this solution given some clicking, but it's much faster this way. So your help is really appreciated. Have a good day!