Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Opening port 8013 in IE7

• Please log in to reply

chlopak

chlopak

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Fri 23.2.2007

I tried to look up www.time.gov,and the clock doesn't display,they tell me that there are several possibilities...

1.Firewall- I have SP2 XP home installed
2.I have the latest Java Runtime installed.Which was another issue,and I've enabled it.

So apparently I need to have the above port open.

I don't know if this is a security problem let me know if it is.
But can you let me know how to open this port.

Regards Christian

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Welcome to Geekstogo.

The way you open up a port depends out what kind of firewall you have. If you are only using Windows Firewall then go to control panel and click on windows firewall. In the exceptions tab down at the bottom there is a button that says "add port". Add the port that you need open to the exceptions list. I don't suggest keeping a port open for longer than you have too.

Also there is an option in the windows date and time to syncronize with the server. I believe that would be just as accurate as the clock you are trying to see. Good Luck.

chlopak

chlopak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sat 24.2.2007

Thank you for your reply.

I did what you said ,but it made no difference ,it just took longer for the process to complete and tell me it still doesn't work.Which is that the clock doen't show.

I don't know how to do the time amd date sync. so I couldn't try this option.

Can you suggets what else I could try ?

Another option they offer is to display a static clock,by " disabling java animation" but I can't find that under the Tools,Internet Options,Advanced Tab ? So I couldn't try this either !