Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SafeDisk & SecuRom Removal - How do you remove these files?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Disclaimer:
This thread has nothing to do with the process of copying games or software.

I've been very a happy pc user for 15 years. I've supported the software industry and devoted countless hours of time at work helping others with there pc problems. Even when I come home I still "manage" :whistling: to reak of a helpful smell, since everyone still comes up to me and asks me to help fix there pcs at my door! & yes I still do... I've always loved computers and software. But we're all getting into an ever changing era. I would like to think of our day and time as a "trial" period. Software has come a long way and so have pcs. I've put up with numerous pc related problems with a shrug, when most would have a breakdown and smash their towers to the ground. I'm not an avid gamer, but I do own many game titles which I barely play since I work so very much. I recently bought "Prince Of Persia - Warrior Within" in a discount rack at wal mart for $10. Before installing the game I went online and did some reading to see how I could configure my joypad once it was up and running. I accidentally ran into a thread which mentioned the fact that most pc games come with copy protection files that secretly make there way into your pc during game installation. Most of these copy protection files cause hardware failure or system instability. When I read about this intrusive scheme I freaked out. How dare companies place files which can potenially ruin the buyers computer?

So I sadly state that I own the following pc games with their corresponding copy protection schemes: :blink:

Prince Of Persia - Warrior Within: SafeDisc v4.00.001

Hitman - Silent Assasin: SecuROM v4.83.11.0026

Hitman - Contracts: SecuROM v5.03.03.0040

Hitman - Blood Money: SecuROM v7.00.00.0018

Call Of Duty 2: SafeDisc v4.60

XII: Some versions with SafeDisc v4.00.002, and some versions possibly use Starforce (unknown version)

Men Of Valor: SecuROM v5.03.06.0012

Contract Jack: SecuROM v4.85.07.0011

Max Payne 2 - The Fall of Max Payne: SecuROM v4.85.04.0018

I did a lot of reading about these copy protection schemes, and I feel very upset about the measures companies have been taking. Yes I do respect their opinions and wish all companies thier fair profit of the mighty dollar, but as an anti-pirater I go agianst such computer file schemes being placed on my system. I am currently under the umbrella of three copy protection schemes lurking around my pc (SecuRom, SafeDisk, & Starforce).

I've done some reading online about the adverse effects from the Starforce copy protection that is installed on a users pc during software setup. It seems that this is the worst case of copy protection schemes that one can encounter. It can supposedly ruin the lasers in your disc drive(s) even when you are'nt burning cds/dvds. The starforce protection scheme can make your drives fail when playing back dvd movies or burning simple data such as documents, pictures, etc. It can even make your pc restart out of nowhere while playing retail audio cds. I've done quite a lot of reading about starforce and welcome anyone who wants to remove it, and feels they have been infected with this copy protection scheme on their system. The following link is the actual starforce removal tool from the actual company: (visit www.star-force.com 's support section, if you would like to verify that this is legitimate)

Starforce Removal Tool

Great so by now I've combated starforce and now I'm left with safedisk, and securom on my system. My question is...

Does anyone know of an official way to remove SafeDisk or SecuRom off my system? (Every version)

Note:
Removing it off one's system has absolutely nothing to do with creating backup copies of games/software. This is a legitimate question as to how one can remove the copy protection schemes once they are already secretly installed on a users system during software setup. I know what your thinking... "But wait does'nt the old saying go that once you remove the copy protection schemes off your system the software that once used this refuses to work?" The answer is yes in some cases and no in others. But the question I have asked anyone to help me out with is more of a removal question once the software has already been uninstalled. (Because uninstallation of the copy protected software does not remove the copy protection scheme files. I can't sleep knowing such intrusive, disrespectful, virus prone, and potentially hardware killing files are on my system. By the way if you cannot help or have unuseful comments please do not reply... You'll just be spamming this thread.

Thank You

Edited by superstar, 23 February 2007 - 01:23 AM.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Perhaps Mouser would be interested?
http://www.donationc...x.php?board=3.0

ctmax

ctmax

• Pip
  • 1 posts