Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install Flash

• Please log in to reply

bincka

bincka

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi.
While trying to solve my browser slowdown, I was given the advice that my Flash may be corrupted,
the slow pages all had flash. My computer would not update flash at the time, the download screen popped up, and I would click to run, also tired to save to desktop.
Eventually, I uninstalled flash and decided to try to start over.
Now, I have the same problem, it won't install, and I am stuck without Flash at all.
The instructions on the troubleshooting guide were way over my head!
Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What errors does it give

bincka

bincka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Nothing. It usually says that I will need to click on the yellow bar at the top of the screen to install the Active X controller. I click it, the window pops up to run or save.
It does so, but then doesn't install. When it does save the executable file to my desktop to install Flash,
nothing happens when I double click it.
In Add/Remove programs, it shows that I have the flash program, but it is not installed.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use add and remove to uninstall flash player

On a web page, (IE7) click tools, internet options, general, delete browsing history, delete all, tick box for add ons

Click security, set defaults, apply, close then open the browser

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm, reboot

Download it here, choose run

http://www.filehippo...flashplayer_ie/

bincka

bincka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks Keith,
I will give it a try. Seems you are the one always helping me!
I can't do this through IE7....
I cannot install it either for some reason... It will download, installation fails. A computer tech
had me uninstall it and go back to IE6 to try and fix my excrutiatingly slow speed(which, by the way,
is still so slow I can't even use my computer most days)

bincka

bincka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
:whistling:
Flash Problem is solved.

THANK YOU

lllaura

lllaura

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having the same problem. How did you fix it?

ismilelots

ismilelots

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Use add and remove to uninstall flash player

On a web page, (IE7) click tools, internet options, general, delete browsing history, delete all, tick box for add ons

Click security, set defaults, apply, close then open the browser

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm, reboot

Download it here, choose run

http://www.filehippo...flashplayer_ie/

This works great, but I couldn't get it to work in IE7 until I went to "Manage Addons" under "Tools" and clicked on the flash player and enabled it. Don't know why it was disabled after I installed it, but it was.

I was on the phone with MS support tech for an hour playing with this and they couldn't fix it. Thanks for the post!! You are a true Guru in my eyes!!