Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Drivers needed

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I have redone my Hp computer and can not find the bio's for my mother board or my audio drivers as I have installed a new operating system windows xp pro. Media center is gone now and I need the drivers for my sound I can't seem to find them on the hp website any where here is the number of my computer M77334n help me out please guys.

Edited by matthew staton, 23 February 2007 - 09:43 AM.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Here's a link to your model's support page at HP. Do any of the multi-media items look familiar?

In Device Manager, do you have an audio controller installed? Or do you see an item with a yellow ? or ! over it?

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Here's a link to your model's support page at HP. Do any of the multi-media items look familiar?

In Device Manager, do you have an audio controller installed? Or do you see an item with a yellow ? or ! over it?

ya there that yellow thing.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Okay. So did the link I provided have the audio drivers you needed?

You might also download Everest Home Edition. You can download it here. It might be able to tell us the specifics of your audio controller so we can figure out what driver you need.

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Device Description Type
ATI SB400 - AC'97 Audio Controller PCI

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts