Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for Games, Can you help

• Please log in to reply

simen

simen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone tell me which is the best source for downloading games? Hey let me tell u that I need fastest way to download them. I’ve got broadband connection in my home so expecting the site to be good enough to provide better downloading speed. I’ve tried few website and wasted my money. Speed from the website was just few Kbps that the game took 2 days. [bleep]! I simply hate these kind of sources.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

We at Geeks to Go cannot assist you with anything illegal, including downloading copyrighted materials, software, games, etc.

This thread will be closed. If you are the thread originator and have any questions, please PM an Moderator or Administrator.

Edited by LindaGail, 23 February 2007 - 11:23 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im opening this back up because downloading games isnt illegal and there are at least a dozen companies that offer direct game downloads legally. And from the context that appears to be the case.

Of course if you seek p2p help you'll get none here but we haven't had a topic on the direct download companies around i can remember. So what ones did you try, most have varying levels of service also it depends on your own speed usually or server load and its connections, the big ones like direct2drive the speed will be as fast as your connection allows.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
yeah you can download games, movies, TV etc from www.direct2drive.com legally. Steam is based around downloading games as you can buy Counter Strike 1.6, Source, Day of Defeat, COD2 etc. From them but you will need to download the program first at www.steampowered.com The bad thing of corse im not sure though cause i like to buy my games on disk that if you have to format you lose the game I know with steam you can just download again. As warriorscot said dont ask for anything P2P as your thread will be closed this thread was closed because LindaGail thought you where talking about illegally downloading games.