Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2003 vs. 2007

• Please log in to reply

AffirmationChick

AffirmationChick

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I went back through the forum to see if any questions had been raised on this topic, but I didn't see any. So, at the risk of sounding overly concerned, here goes.

I bought a laptop over Christmas, and it came with a trial version of Office 2003. However, the trial is set to run out, so I'll be in need of fixing that. I looked at buying a Student/Teacher edition a couple weeks ago when 2003 was still on the market, but now Amazon.com is no longer selling it so the price has "shot up." I'm left with either purchasing 2007 (though there doesn't seem to be much online about it yet, which worries me. Microsoft has a product to sell, so their website I take with a grain of salt), or finding a used version of 2003. What would anyone recommend? Also, can I purchase the license to the trial on my computer when it runs out? Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can just purchase a license for 2003 through any reputable dealer....but...it's gong to be the same cost as buying the whole thing...(they don't make money from the CD)....

depending on your usage requrements you might read up on open office...it's an open source (and free) office package that has just about everything that MS office has...it can even open and save files in office format...it's got it's own versions of pretty much all the office programs...just...slightly different....some extra things that MS doesn't have...and lacking some things that MS does have...but if you're just a student, or someone needing to do some word processing or making a spreadsheet every so often...open office will do everything you need

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
2007 is really nice to use but it doesnt have frontpage in it which i like to use sometimes.