Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

graphics card help

• Please log in to reply

rosso5792

rosso5792

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong place but i didnt know what it should go under :blink:

anyways, just lately i bought a BFG nvidia 7950 GT 512mb PCI-E graphics card. When it arrived, i installed it properly and installed the latest drivers. First thing i went to do was go check my new FPS on call of duty 2 as i was hoping for atleast 200FPS but all of a sudden, im just barely hitting 125 :whistling: . i have my resolution on 1024*768 and all settings are on low with direct x 7.

my Computer specs are

AMD 64 3500+
1 GB RAM
200gb Hard drive
Windows xp
550w PSU

any help would be appreciated.

rosso5792

Advertisements

rosso5792

rosso5792

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
does any1 have any ideas?

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Geegolly, why do you need 200 fps im wondering, 60 is the normal human limitation for vision... 125 is great anyhow maybe your expectations were a little too high. You could upgrade the ram to 2gigs, I have a similar system and that seemed to make a good bang for the buck difference.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Graphics cards run best on their native resolutions. It's likely the FPS will go up when you put the resolution on at least 1280x1024 and put all settings on high.

rosso5792

rosso5792

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Geegolly, why do you need 200 fps im wondering, 60 is the normal human limitation for vision... 125 is great anyhow maybe your expectations were a little too high. You could upgrade the ram to 2gigs, I have a similar system and that seemed to make a good bang for the buck difference.

well i was hoping to get atleast 200 as my friend runs on a 7900 and can get 250 constant, which in cod2 is great as you can do some little tricks with better fps. i guess i was just hoping for the same as him or maybe a little more since my card is probably a little better. he has roughly the same spec as me but he has a better processor as its dual core.

i thought that might be the prob but any other suggestions are welcome

thanks for the help anyways guys.