Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing screen

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi, I kept getting a freezing screen and each time I had to reboot to get it working again. I went into Event Viewer and found this message.
Services running as a user account, try to run local services or network services account. Alas, I have not got a clue, what it is on about. Any help would be apreciatted.
Thanks guys.

Lucky

Win xp home
200 gig hd
1 gig ram
6800 nvidia graphics
onboard sound

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geekstogo,
I am not sure either but some more details would help
- are you on a network
- does it happen when doing some program
- in msconfig, do any of the services or startup point to something odd
- installed anything lately

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi fleamailman. It freezes even when I am not doing anything. I am not on a Network. I did go into msconfig to stop a few things booting. I now only have the firewall a, anti virus and my HP printer booting. I use Comodo Firewall, and AVG antivirus. The other thing I notice when it freezes, is, that I cannot use the Control- alt- Delete buttons, to try to fix it. I have to use the reboot button only.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
trouble is we don't know which service is the culprit, in msconfig under services then, back to that error, does it mention the service in question

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Nothing Mate. Now since I was in last, I uninstalled a USB pci hub. I had to try that as I have tried nearly everything else. So for for the last couple of hours, it has not crashed. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again Mate for your help.

Lucky

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
let's hope it is that then, thks

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
No Good. The next thing I am going to try is ,swapping my new keyboard . This one is brand new. A4Tech. Although it has a spare usb on the one side, and a mike and sound socket on the other side, I have not used them. It could well be that it just is not compatable with the 754 winfast Motherboard, I dont know.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Fleaman,
just thought I would get back to you to let you know I may have fixed that freezing screen problem. I decided to take out my 6800 nvidia graphics card and have had no trouble since, [ touch wood ]. It would appear that the graphics card was not compatable with the cheapo Winfast Motherboard. Mind you, the onboard graphics is not too bad at all.
Thanks again Mate, for your help.