Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open Discussion Rules:

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Any topic goes here, but please keep it clean. This is a family board. Also, no spamming, affiliate linking, flamming, etc.

SPAM Warning!: Any member posting Spam (advertising) will be immediately banned from these forums, their post(s) will be removed, and the offense will be reported to their ISP, which will likely result in termination of Internet access. You've been warned.

Advertisements

e_sfla

e_sfla

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Any topic goes here, but please keep it clean. This is a family board. Also, no spamming, affiliate linking, flamming, etc.

SPAM Warning!: Any member posting Spam (advertising) will be immediately banned from these forums, their post(s) will be removed, and the offense will be reported to their ISP, which will likely result in termination of Internet access. You've been warned.

View Post

:tazz: I have win xp pro sr2 on a Dell 2.4 gig / 512 mgs of ram, it does not recognize my 56k US Robotics modem yet I am online via that modem. The other modem has been removed, so it appears. This computer was an office lease unit and before me was only connected via ethernet. It is always looking for an ethernet controller that I do not have. I have uninstalled the ethernet controller but it wants to reinstall it on every boot up. The modem runs slow and connection speeds vary from 4 kb to 26.6 kb. ATT has not helped. They seem to have made it worse plus there so called accelarator DID make it worse so I removed it.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Just a question here! I run my own site and I have the same worry for Spam!! How do you report their ISP?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You might very well have started a new topic rather than find one that is 2 years old.

Spam is blatant and anyone can find it. We are not here to advertise your business or your site. If you want someone in the internet forum to check it out and tell you what they think of your layout, thats one thing. To come here specifically to lure users to your site, thats not acceptable.

The other kind of spam is very easy to find. Free iPods and such are easy targets for my ban button.

ScHwErV :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
ScHwErV, perhaps Game_Freak's being a 12 year old meant that he was truly unaware of the results of his intentions, nor the gravity of the infringement upon the goodwill of your site, I ask that you forgive him this time then, which I believe you have done as I think that for someone that age to have built a site like that is commendable.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The your comments were not directly aimed at any one person, they were meant to be a generality.

ScHwErV :tazz: