Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i want to hook up my computer to my tv through my vcr

• Please log in to reply

jonfred123456

jonfred123456

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
i know that in order show my computer screen on my tv i need to buy that "thingy" that i instasll in the back of my computer which has a yellow red and white plugin then i plug it into the back of my vcr.... will this enable me to be able to see y computer screen at the same time as my tv/computer screen on my tv

also my vcr is being usded by digitale cable can i buy like ummmm well an {octopus or whatever that will allow me to easily switch from ps2, x box, computer, cable} withoughout unpluggin and replugging and having a big mess.......

also the other way coming out of my computer {red yellow white?} i have a tv as ive stated but i also have a projecter.... the projecter can be pluged in using the {plugin for the moniter,} or also the{red yellow white?} i think ill just use {red yellow white?}cus then i dont have to buy a splitter cord for my{plugin for the moniter,} but is the an octupus for that that could use my tv or switch to projecter with just the switch of a button?

please help most of all i need to know what the name of that hardware i plug {red yellow white?}

Advertisements

Malcolm59uk

Malcolm59uk

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I think the parts you are talking about are scart (peritel leads) and the means to switch between them.
Have a look at this site.

http://www.cybermark...hopscr4137.html

jonfred123456

jonfred123456

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
ok so yu just plug the scat in to thwe tower whwere yu would plug in yur moniyer and then.....plug rhe moniter into the scart and the tv into the scart?

wat about the hardware where yu insatll into the bottom of the back of yur compuer tyhat has the s-vhs plugin wat are thoise called

hippiemind

hippiemind

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
how do you use a computer without knowing english???

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
hippiemind:

We are here to help everyone and they post the best they can. We are not here to critize spelling, whether someone "speaks/writes" English or not. There are nationalities from all over the world posting on G2G. Try to be less critical.

Ron

jonfred123456

jonfred123456

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
This post has been removed due to offensive, inappropriate and downright rude comments. In fact, you have earned yourself a ban from this site. Using language like that is NOT tolerated here, and neither is direct attacks against our members or our staff. :whistling: Good bye.

Area 51

Area 51

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
And that also goes to you to jonfred123456, that language shouldn't be used either. This is a forum to help people with computer related issues, not dissing or name calling. If you 2 guys want to do that then go elsewhere where it is more suitable.

Edited by Area 51, 24 February 2007 - 06:29 PM.