Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task bar ran away

• Please log in to reply

hippiemind

hippiemind

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I put my task bar on auto-hide. Supposedly it should re-appear when I run my cursor over its normal location. This is not happening....Now, how do I get my task bar back.

Thanks in advance for your time and knowlege. :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If your keyboard has a "Windows" key (the Windows logo, also may be labelled "Start") press that and the taskbar and start menu should appear. You can then right-click the Taskbar, choose "Properties", click the 'Taskbar' tab and de-select the hide option.

Edited by pip22, 24 February 2007 - 02:43 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
First, you may have resized the heigth to it's smallest size. If you can bring the curser down to the bottom of the screen until you see the doubleheaded arrow. Click and hold and drag up to the normal taskbar size and let go the click.

If you can't do that try hitting the windows key on your keyboards(next to the CTRL keys), then right click a empty space and click on properties. click on the taskbar tab and uncheck autohide and lock the taskbar.

Another method

Press CTRL+ESC or the Windows Key, then click on Control Panel, Then Appearance and Themes, then Taskbar and Start Menu. Change settings there.

If nothing else works then try this.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

SRX660

hippiemind

hippiemind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Got it back....THANKS