Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What kind of CD to buy

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I own a Dell Dimension B110 with Windows XP. I don't know much about buring CDs. However, the computer does have CD burning capability. The program burner is Sonic.
I would like to create a slide show and then burn it onto a CD to play back on my TV.

1. What type of CD should I buy to perform this function? A store sold me a package of DVD+R to do the job, but they won't work.

2. I would like to burn a "slide show" onto the CD...how do I do this? I can view a slide show in several different programs, but don't know how to burn the slideshow to CD.
Two of the photo programs I have are Picasa and Xnview.

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Well of course a DVD won't work in a CD burner... it's not a CD! :whistling: Buy a CD-R (non-reusable) or a CD-RW (if you want to be able to re-use the CD).

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
My computer is loaded with a 48x CD-RW/DVD combination drive and a Power DVD software Decoding for DVD Drives.
I firts tried burning a CR-RW on my computer, but when I went to play it in my TV DVD, it could not read it.
What now? I can't play a CD in my DVD player and I can't burn a DVD in my computer?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A CD-RW/DVD Combi drive is one that writes CDs and plays DVDs. It doesn't let you write DVDs. For that you need a DVD Writer (DVD-RW). PowerDVD lets you play DVDs, not write them.

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Thanks, that answers my question. I guess I'll check around with my friends and see if someone has a DVD burner I can use.

Tim