Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

plug ins

• Please log in to reply

akeem

akeem

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I am running xp but for some reason for the last couple of months when i have been trying to install new plug ins - they all say they can not be installed because windows 95 is not supported???? what is that about and how could i fix it?

we are talking about quicktime, java, adobe, etc

it is service pack 2 [home edition]

basically a few months ago i downloaded the new itunes and i remember seeing something on it that said windows 95 on it. i thought nothing of it at the time. then when i installed bt broadband in november everything went crazy. when i use firefox i cannot use any of the plugins i mentioned but if i open internet explorer they will work a dream.

this is for a friend im trying to help

Edited by akeem, 24 February 2007 - 03:35 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Did your friend by any chance install XP on an old disk that had 95 on it? He may not have removed the old partition and replaced it with one compatable with XP. If he did he needs to reinstall but first remove the old partition and replace it using the XP disk.

akeem

akeem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
will find out and get back to you