Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no picture

• Please log in to reply

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I am bored out of my mind. i want to play a game. my buddy gave me a card (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE (128 MB)). but for some reason i cant get any picture when i try to play a game. everything works fine the game loads. screen goes black sound starts. but i get no video. the cursor will change to the game cursor. i can hear the sounds when it goes over the buttons. i can click on quit cause i know where it is and it quits. why am i getting no picture on any of my games. plz help i am [bleep]ing so bored. i have direct x 9.0c. and the video drive is 10/22/2006 6.14.10.9371. i have clue why it is not working. i also have tied older drivers, still no go

Edited by SeraphHHC, 16 March 2007 - 08:09 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Whats the game called? Please refrain from cursing we are a family friendly site.
James

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Sounds like maybe a driver issue to me.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
bfme2 and simcity. i have tried many different drivers

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Has a game ever worked for you?
James

Edit: i don't think your card is supported for BFME2

Edited by james_8970, 25 February 2007 - 10:45 AM.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
for me no but it worked for my friend. but why wouldnt it work for simcity4. my friend played bf2 on it. i would think it could play bfme2

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i need to figure this out. i just bought my daughter a new game. the game is Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses. the game has low system requirements. it still doesn't work. it wil load the intro videos. u can see and hear them fine but when u get to the menu u get a green screen. u can hear the audio and that is it. someone pls help me figure this one out

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
anyone have any ideas

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I have put a new card in and i still get the same problems. someone pls help me try to fix this problem. i dont want to buy a whole bunch of stuff till i narrow it down. i am think mb slot or a setting on the computer that is causing this stuff

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
it was a software problem i reformatted and it was good to go :whistling: