Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Component Transfer Error

• Please log in to reply

pure_ownage

pure_ownage

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Alright, let me jump straight to the point. When I try to uninstall some programs I get Component transfer error. Alot of programs I am having this with. It is the most frusterating thing.

Component: Main App

Error: Unspecified.

This is pissing me off. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Nothing shows up in the event viewer.

Advertisements

pure_ownage

pure_ownage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Component transfer errors mean what they say: An error transferring a component.

This basically means the system isn't able to read a file it wants. Usually if this is from a CD, it often means the disk is no good. If its occurring on the hard drive it could be a sign of the start of a long road towards not working at all. Of course, virus scanners can also cause this behaviour.

pure_ownage

pure_ownage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, I mostly get this problem when trying to uninstall drivers, or utilities that came with the driver. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall PC Probe and I get the error. I can barely uninstall anything. :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
have you tried uninstalling from safe mode, probably not relevent here because that works more for when a process is blockng the uninstall as opposed to the target is unreadable like now but it is worth a try I think

pure_ownage

pure_ownage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't work and I still get the same error. Any more ideas? Thanks :whistling: