Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Start up Problems.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

After having problems with internet explorer I recently did a system restore. However, during the restore the system froze. I left it running all night to see if it would resolve itself, but by morning it was still the same. I eventually re-set the computer (probably the wrong thing to do) and now it will not start up and says ' The Logon User Interface DLL Msgina.dll failed to load. Contact your system administrator to replace DLL or restore the original DLL.' I tried to reset computer to 'last known config that worked', but the same error message appears.
I read somewhere that I can start the computer from a boot CD and try and re-install the missing file; is this the best option?

Can anyone help?