Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Some wierd problem

• Please log in to reply

Moshi

Moshi

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Last night i tried to connect my pc with tv after a long time. So i plugged the cable in the gf card and then pc just froze. So i restarted it first it was a long beep, then it said Invalid Boot.INI file Loading from C:\Windows, something like that. Then came the screen with: Sorry but windows can't start normally. This may have been caused by a recent hardware change bla bla... And i picked start windows normally. But when it came to the XP loading screen monitor went off. So i thought it's now on tv mode so i tried tv but no picture there. So i restarted pc now with tv cable out of gf card, same boot.ini error again, chose start windows normally. Ok loading screen was there but What the...! After it there is suppose to be desktop but all i got was some [bleep]ed up colors all over the screen. I think there was some wierd green and black color all over the screen. That was the wierdest thing i ever saw. So i am able to write this because it actually starts normally after 1000 tries (still with boot.ini error though). So i need your help badly cus this is the most [bleep]ed up [bleep] i ever saw.
Ah, there is no boot.ini file in C:\ (i had view hidden files on) i just noticed.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Repair or rebuild the Boot.ini. You will need your Windows CD.

"Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows could not start" error messages when you start your computer

Moshi

Moshi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Yes! It worked (for now). Thanks :whistling: