Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.

• Please log in to reply

blaCky7

blaCky7

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Prior to the error occured, hope that the following information is useful.

During the holiday, I took out my hard drive and brought it home. Worked fine with my pc there as a slave for the first few days but it suddenly went off later on. However, it works again after a few days and had been so provided that i didnt left it working for too long, which is approximately 3 hours.

Now, holiday ends, back to uni and i installed it back to where it belongs. I reformatted the drive and reinstall all the hardwares and the wireless adapter (adapter connected via USB) gave me a malfunctioning messages. Reinstall the adapter again and it works again. The system had been working fine for 2 days. Errors occured while i was downloading stuff and the screen suddenly went blue which says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0x81D0AB90,0X81D0aD04, 0X80D1140)

Beginning dump of physical memory

On receiving this error messages, i tried to disable my wireless adapter and restart my pc. Then i receive this error:

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Hence, i browsed through the internet, trying to understand the problem occured. Came through one of the website and they advised that by reconnecting the hard disk again, the problem should be resolved and i tried it. It works but after approximately 5 minutes, i could hear that the power to the hard disk was being turned off and the blue sceen error message appeared again.

Therefore, i was wondering whether my hard disk is dying or it was some other problems? Uni starts tomoro, my pc was down and im pretty upset at the moment. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Hard drive is dying. Replace it.