Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Static IP for Xbox360?

• Please log in to reply

Mattykill

Mattykill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been trying to get to play xboxlive mulitplayer on Call of duty 3. I soon found out ye needed a NAT setting of Open....Well after about 5 years Succes! ( I have a linksys WRT54GX router) All I had to do was put my xbox's Ip to automatic and enable UPnP On my router....well it says open ...but still not connecting...Only everyonce in a while with only like 1 other person in the game ( I host games Fine) I think my Xbox needs a static IP ..I dont know how to get one for it....( My computer is using a static IP) And I I try to put in other static IP stuff it'll say strcit Even when I try portforwading....help I just want to play.

Advertisements

AngelWingzX

AngelWingzX

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I think static IP's are the same for anything connected to that router am i not correct?
So most likely your static Ip is the same as the one on your PC if it is connected to the same router.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Disable UPnP, it can cause xbox live to not be able to connect, specifically with router type. IP address/dns server/mac address setting should most likely be set to automatic. If you copied addresses from your computer to your x box it will likely cause conflict

Edited by Titan8990, 06 March 2007 - 03:38 PM.