Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help re Logo Link

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi guys, hopefull this request will make some kind of sense!

Basically a site that I run needs promotion, so people have gotten in touch with me to say that if I provide a link from my site to a simple page that displays my website logo on it say 20 times, they will be willing to print the page out, cut out the 20 logos and and them out to people for me. (The site only entertains a certain are of the U.K)

Being new to graphics etc, I found that i could add my logo to imageshack for people to view and print from, but I'd rather have the link to display the logo on the page say 20 times, so that people can just print o the page and cut out the logos if that makes sense?

Can anyone assist me in this, or tell me how to go about it please?

Many thanks!

C :whistling:

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Cant you just insert the image into MS word 20 times on a page and print or save/upload the file to a webpage??

Edited by voa, 25 February 2007 - 02:00 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I would set 10 logos on the page so they are decent size. If you think 20 per page is what you really want then, you can use a smaller image size for them. Do you know how to HTML code your page to provide decent spacing vertically and horizontally for each image? There are a few other considerations, but this should be easy to do. Main thing is what size image do you want to provide to cut out for the page.

Ron

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi Voa, I don't have word at the moment, but that is an option thanks.

Major, I don't know how to do that no. The guy that's built the site for me may do so I'd have to ask him to do it. (Although I do have an admin panel to edit pages from)

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
:whistling:

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hey

Have you got the image hosted?

If not go to www.imageshack.us and host it

Then post it here, i can put it on my website for you to use =]

Edited by voa, 25 February 2007 - 02:46 PM.

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Sure, Image

Thanks!

Let me know if you can do that.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Major, I don't know how to do that no. The guy that's built the site for me may do so I'd have to ask him to do it. (Although I do have an admin panel to edit pages from)

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

OK. You would have to get the guy to make the page for you if you are not familiar with HTML coding. A WYSIWYG Editor would be good for you, but Word, as suggested, will work, too. Just save as a web page.

As voa said, post/pm/email image and we'll see what we can do for you. Are you really wanting 20/page? To promote your site more, you need to submit to Search Engines if not done already. I hope you have all the <meta> tags in place. Especially ones for keywords & page content for all your pages.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
cool, nice design! Did you make it yourself?

so, you want them on the page in a big line down the page?

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ok, MP, thanks will see what voa can do.

Hi again Voa, glad you like the logo lol, not bad for a newbie? yeah I designed it myself based around London's underground logo (kinda)

Basically voa, just a normal sized page with as many of those as you can fit on it say 4 along and 6 down? Sorry for the amateur web talk,but I am new to this!

Thanks, again!

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
http://tiroshii.ecli...rter_hayes.html

thats a quick page i put together in a few seconds to give you the idea, is this kinda what you're looking for?

This is not final its just an idea

Advertisements

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
That's exactly what I'm looking for voa! :blink:

You're a star! Yeah, anything like that, and if I'm not being to cheeky, maybe a lined border around each one to make it easier for people to cut them out?

Thanks a mil for helping! I'll be more than happy to mention you and your site in my next blog update. I,ll tell you more about the plan I have with regard to all this in more detail if we echange emails etc.

Anything you can do, is just great! I,ll be online for a while longer now anyway :whistling:

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
great, i did 3 across, because, if you do print preview, thats all that fits on an A4 page :whistling:

ill do the border now

EDIT I added borders, does it matter that there blue? (its the default color) Also, the borders didnt look so great when it was uploaded, but if they are going to be cut out does it matter? I can sort this if you need =]

Edited by voa, 25 February 2007 - 04:28 PM.

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
:whistling: Thanks dude, you're a star!

I don't have msn right now, but I'll mail you now anyway as it'd be cool to keep in touch ofcourse

Thanks again!

I,ll keep a look out for the link on here, and amil you now aswell.

Thanks to you also MP. :blink:

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Great =]

Glad its what you wanted

If you want anything else just give me a shout, PM/email or whatever :whistling:

heres the link again if needed - http://tiroshii.ecli...rter_hayes.html

Edited by voa, 25 February 2007 - 04:16 PM.

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
:whistling: Thaks again YHMAIL.