Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Knowledge

• Please log in to reply

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Is there anyone in the forums with extended printer knowledge?

I have an issue where removing a lexmark printer borked really bad and the present HP printer is no longer working.

Its a multifunction scanner and printer and the scanner works fine.

The error is:

The software it self says it installed ok. Then when I plugged it in, I got an error: Cannot install this Hardware. There was a problem installing this hardware:HP OfficeJet G85 Printer. An error occured duing the installation of the device The RPC server is unavailable.

Advertisements

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Well,I learned today,I never want a Lexmark printer.
http://h10025.www1.h...n...deUrl=true

Problem in uninstall is:

Locate and click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services and then click Spooler in the list of services to highlight it.

In the right pane, some data will be listed. Data string that begins with DependOnService.

If the data field of DependOnService contains lexbces, Right click DependOnService and select Modify.

Delete the value lexbces and enter RPCSS. After the data value has been changed, click OK.

If the data field of DependOnService contains any other value (usually RPCSS), continue to the next step.

Close the registry editor and then restart the computer.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for sharing! :whistling: