Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Cable Conversion question

• Please log in to reply

Jwarne

Jwarne

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I have a Averatec 3280, which does not have an s-video out. It does, however, have a VGA Monitor cable port. Im wanting to connect my notebook to my television as larger screen. I was wondering if there was any such thing as an USB-to-svideo or vga cable-to-svideo , or maybe if there was such thing as one of those red, yellow, and white cables, which has an ethernet connector on the opposite end. In other words... with an VGA Monitor cable port and/or several USB cords, is there a cord or adapter that can convert either to S-Video or to an audio-video three-pronged cord, as to connect to my tv? I hope what I am asking makes sense. If it does and it is possible, can you recommend the name of the cord or adapter that I would need to use? I cant for the life of me figure out why averatec computers would come with an VGA Monitor port, but not an s-video port

thanks

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
http://www.svideo.com/vgatotv.html

???

bluefishyjoe

bluefishyjoe

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
yeah, there are adapters that will convert your standard monitor port to s-video or rca, and there are adapters to convert s-video to rca, i am using one right now.
try cablestogo, google it