Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton AntiVirus Reinstall

• Please log in to reply

'D'

'D'

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I Just reinstalled winXP on my system but didn't completely format my drive before doing so, so parts of the old install are still present. When I try to Install Norton Antivirus it fails halfway through and I think it's because stuff from the old install is causing it to fail. Antivirus doesn't show up as being an installed program in add/remove programs either. Is there anyway I can get it to install without formatting and reinstalling?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You could try running 'find' all instances of NORTON ANTIVIRUS in the registry and deleting them all. Also look in C:\Program Files for any Norton Antivirus folders. delete any you find. Then try re-installing norton.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to symantec.com and go to support. what you want to look for is a manual uninstall for the version you have.

for example go here for nav 2004 uninstall