Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rebooting Problem

• Please log in to reply

jc_bigboy

jc_bigboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello

I can not reboot my HP Pavilion 553W PC. We had a power failure in my area. My pc was left on, when I went to check on my computer it was stuck on a screen that read:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this............
Then it gives you an option to restart in Safe Mode or Normally but when I choose either it continues to come back to the same page. I get the Windows screen but then it restarts....is there anyway I can bypass this section and reboot or to do a hard reboot?

Thanks,
Juan

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Try shutting it down and removing the power cord for 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and retry.