Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Yahoo Msng will not uninstall

• Please log in to reply

Adelina

Adelina

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my kid installed the latest version of Yahoo Msng and I uninstalled and it came back up during the start up. I checked my system start up under msconfig and it is not there and i checked add/remove programs and it is not there..but it is running on my puter~!!!; Anyone have any suggestions??

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
try uninstalling from safe mode
While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system spash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.)

This will result in a text based menu. Use the curors/arrorw keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can also go to C:...programs...find the yahoo messages folder ...right click on it ..delete the whole folder..
set up your kids a limited user account to avoid this kind of problem in the future...if they are like most kids and want to IM each other..get Trillion...its a IM program that works with most all the IM programs and use Avast AV as its the only AV program that scans IM that I'm aware of..
Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC. It provides capabilities not possible with original network clients, while supporting standard features such as audio chat, file transfers, group chats, chat rooms, buddy icons, multiple simultaneous connections to the same network, server-side contact importing, typing notification, direct connection (AIM), proxy support, encrypted messaging (AIM/ICQ), SMS support, and privacy settings....click here to get it..
get Avast... click here