Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spacebar + Tower Problems

• Please log in to reply

kws_divine

kws_divine

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Just yesterday I got canned air to clean out my keyboard. Well when I took the spacebar key out, I think a piece game off. Now when you go to put the spacebar back in, it works.. but its all wobbly. It seems like only the middle is stable...

As for the tower, once in aa while it will make alot of noise. Like the fan is speeding up. It will stay like that for about 5 minutes.

Dont know what the problem is here... really would appreciate it if one of you guys will help.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
for the space key...depending on the keyboard...there's usually a metal wire that acts like a spring to keep tension on the key all the way across (the other keys don't have this cus they aren't as long)...usually it's attached to the key itself and doesn't fall off...but sometimes they can...when you put the space bar back on you have to make sure that you get that bar back where it started from...otherwise it won't provide the proper tension

as for the fans in the pc...have you used that canned air to clean them off? make sure to hold the fans still while you blow the air..otherwise you can burn the bearings out

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I think your mixed up lol, I used the canned air to clean out my keyboard. And yes there is a metal wire. I am not sure how it started out, I can take pics if needed.

As for the fan, its still doing that.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i know you used the canned air for your keyboard...i'm suggesting that you try cleaning the fans off with it

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
im not really comfortable with the inside of my computer (hence my reason of coming to the hardware section :whistling: )
hm, have you thought of anything for the space bar?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the space bar you're going to just have to look at and fiddle with...there's not really a way to explain that one...you're going to have to figure out a way to get that clip back the way it's supposed to be

as far as the inside of the computer...

turn it off...and unplug it
touch something metal then open the case
touch something metal again
put your finger on the processor fan to hold it still...then blow all the dustbunnies out...if your graphics card has a fan...do the same thing...
then close it up and plug it in...

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I fixed my spacebar, thank you. What do you mean by touch something metal? There are 2 screws, I unscrew them and try to pull the side of the case off. But its tight, is it okay to pull?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
by touching something metal i mean grounding yourself...touch a metal desk or something else big and metal close by..

yeah...as long as you're opening the correct side of the case...you might have to give it a little tug

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
ah i got it off. blowed all the little mites out :whistling:
thanks for all the help. fan seems to be running good now