Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display Problem (sure its something basic)

• Please log in to reply

Yppolitia

Yppolitia

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ok, so there is some thick white line on the right of my screen about 8cm into the screen, i can see through it but its extremely distracting. I tried to take a screenshot to show you but it doesn't come up on the screenshot. Im not sure if its to do with the colour settings/resolution or what?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. If it doesn't appear on a screenshot, then that means that most likely, the computer is sending everything out correctly. I'm thinking this is possibly a hardware issue. Do you have another monitor you can try on this computer? Try another monitor and tell me if that line goes away.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
This often happens when the monitor has been bashed in some way, it's a common problem with LCD's... They are too delicate.