Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help getting Wireless PCI and Ethernet NIC to work at same time

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, here goes. This should not be a problem, however I am having a very difficult time with this set up.

One machine is a: eMachines t5048
Windows XP Media Edition
Intel Pentium 4 3.07GHz
1.37 GB Ram
Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

I am trying to set up a p2p connection via a crossover cable to another machine using the Ethernet NIC (that machine is running Windows 2000 Server) Can someone help me get this simple connection to work. I have searched online for assistance and I have not yielded any useful results.

I am also attempting to access the internet using the Wireless adapter. I cannot get them to work simultaneously. I forgot how to resolve that. (I have been out of touch with networking for many many years.)
Any help resolving this is also needed. I feel like a complete idiot because I know the resolution to both of these problems are easy. I am prepared to be flamed.

I solved the first problem. I do however require assistance getting the wireless card and the NIC card to work simultaneously. Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Edited by dmajfsharp, 26 February 2007 - 06:39 PM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Did you assign the second NIC a different IP address?