Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvi port doesnt work but vga does

• Please log in to reply

amtrak1

amtrak1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The short of it is this. I just bought a samsung 912t monitor which has a dvi port. my former card an ati
radeon 9600 agp also had a dvi output. used the provided dvi-d cable and the monitor doesnt detect the connection, but when the vga is plugged in it works just fine. My mobo is an a7v333 asus and my os is vista ultimate. As a result i upgraded to an asus ati x800 agp 256mb and have the exact same prob. my mobo bios is the most recent though almost 4 years old and I am furious, Can anyone provide help on this!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

BabyTech

BabyTech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
If I remember right, it's a truly Analog & Digital monitor. Go into the monitor config settings (like, the menu on the monitor itself) and choose the input source.

If this is wrong, let me know, I'll look into it a bit.