Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help I cant BOOT!

• Please log in to reply

FieldDog

FieldDog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I currently have a Gateway 3.2 ghz pentium 4 with a Geforce 6800. Everything was great and my pc was working fine. So I just get back from a weekend vaction and for some reason my pc would began to boot, go to a blue screen for a very short split second, and than reboot. I tried running it in safe mode and still no luck. It gets into this loop of starting than restarting.

Having lost my windows xp cd, I went and bought a copy of Vista. So I put in the disk and booted from the dvd. After a minute the dvd started to load, and than frooze. I waited for five minutes than restarted the computer.

Now heres the odd part I need help with. Now when I boot my pc, no image displays on my monitor. There are no beeps, no display, and a little red light blinking on my motherboard by the small battery. I cant get any image on my monitor, I also tried a few other monitors with no luck.

SO how do I get my pc to bootup! I need your help asap!!!!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I'm guessing you need a new CMOS battery (that's the one you referred to above). I've never seen a mobo with a flashing light next to the battery though, so I'm guessing that's what it's telling you.