Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question(Adware questions)

• Please log in to reply

Cameron2010

Cameron2010

I LOVE SPAM

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I was wondering can adware stop you from downloading/opening .exe's? Or installing programs. Im sure they can, the reason I ask is because I see companies like dell providing remote support and they use a .exe(for there new type of support called dellc onnect a.k.a remote support) so I was wondering what if someone had like a adware and they couldnt use the .exe.

With tons of respect...

-Cam

Edited by Cameron2010, 26 February 2007 - 10:16 PM.

Advertisements

Queen_Evie

Queen_Evie

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Are you having problems downloading/installing?

Cameron2010

Cameron2010

I LOVE SPAM

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
No, I am not. Thats why I put it in this forum. I'm just curious if adware cant prevent you from downloading/opening .exe

Edited by Cameron2010, 26 February 2007 - 10:15 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Certain types of malicious software can indeed prevent the downloading of software. This can happen in several ways: through the hijacking of your browser so you're redirected to certain sites; by altering your hosts files so some sites, such as security sites, are nreachable; or by disrupting your layered service protocol (LSP) chain so you lose your internet access entirely. In addition , the presence of malware on a PC can cause slowness and instability to the point that installing a program can become difficult.

Cameron2010

Cameron2010

I LOVE SPAM

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up adware can prevent the opening/installing of programs, or mainly what I was looking for is .exe...

Thanks ocne again

-Cam