Malware how-to guides information

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

fughazie

fughazie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
help! i have TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen virus i saw that i should download "mbam" file but after i install it and try to run it it gave me a msg. "the application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation diskette" pls help im really not good in computer and im sorry if my post is in a wrong place. thanks!

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Please post an OTListit and rooter Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post an OTListit log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

foxtek

foxtek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am infected with NYB virus. System is dual boot Windows XP pro and DOS partitions. Norton reports NYB virus as did F-Prot. I tried about a dozen programs, and none others see the NYB infection. I need to remove this boot sector virus. I tried Ultimate Boot CD as well. Does anyone have any ideas?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

mustcoach

mustcoach

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont know what I have on my computer. How do i find out and how do i get rid of it?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

simonlfcgreen

simonlfcgreen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for that but where would one post a Combofix report.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Here

http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

psichick1

psichick1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I ran across the tutorial "How To Remove clickfraudmanager, adwarefeed, zfsearch Firefox Redirect, Using GooredFix" when looking for a fix for the Trojan I have (redirect to v1.adwarefeed.com). It says to download GooredFix and select option #1, however there are no options available. The log file I get when I run the .exe doesn't quite look the same as the example either. There are no "Suspect Goored Entries" but my Avast is still blocking the adwarefeed, so I know it's there. Any help would be appreciated!

handhfan

handhfan

Trusted Helper

• Expert
  • 13,659 posts

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post the required logs in THAT forum.

Advertisements

psichick1

psichick1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post the required logs in THAT forum.

Though very helpful, that didn't answer my question :\

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
psichick1,

The guides are there to help people sort some problems out on their own, when possible. However, sometimes we need to help you. The reason handhfan gave you the link that he did is so that you can post your logs in the malware forum and someone can help you get rid of adwarefeed and anything else you might have.

psichick1

psichick1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

psichick1,

The guides are there to help people sort some problems out on their own, when possible. However, sometimes we need to help you. The reason handhfan gave you the link that he did is so that you can post your logs in the malware forum and someone can help you get rid of adwarefeed and anything else you might have.

Sure thing, like I said it was helpful and I was able to take care of the troublesome Trojan instead of using GooredFix, however GeeksToGo has Tutorials linked to this page citing this as a help thread. That's why I posted my question here, because I had a question about a tutorial, not the malware....

In any event, thanks for your reply. I've already referred two small businesses and a few family members to the malware clean-up process.

Henry7212

Henry7212

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Recently I have been having many problems with my computer, programs do not open off the desktop, firefox goes to alternate links than what I click, random windows are popping up telling me my computer is infected, McAfee is telling my computer is infected and I have run multiple virus scans. I just recently tried running a disk defragmenter which told me and it could not start, I'll freeze up and have to restart, I'll get blue screens that will tell me error's occurred and my computer restarts, I tried using an alternate defragmenter which each time I tried to use I got an error report telling me that it had to close but the over all wierdest thing going on is I'm hearing random sounds at all different times, when I am or when I'm not connected to the internet, and I if I am running programs or not, I heard parts of an NBC news interview over and over and a limescale commercial through my headphones... this is all just pissing me off and the random sounds are creeping me out, I am not real technical and I have no idea whats going on, I just run weekly virus scans and defragments, I've checked all over the internet about the defragmenting problem and none of the solutions worked, either because it was not a part of my problem or I just didn't understand what to do and did it wrong, if someone could direct me to a thread that has a lot of the similar problems as me and how to fix them that would be great.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.