Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Not Being Delivered

• Please log in to reply

madman29

madman29

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi you wonderful people,

See if you can help with this one. I use Outlook Express 6 and I email several times a day to a Hotmail account (paid account) they receive my emails day after day then they wont receive my emails but get them from other people ok. I look in my sent box and they have all sent ok. I don't get any undelivered mail notices, so whare are these emails going, I know my brother has the same problem with his email he sends several emails out all say sent but some dont get delivered.

HELP PLEASE as this is driving me crazy :blink: :whistling: :help:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
When you send emails they don't go directly to the recipient, they just go to the recipients email server until the recipient goes online to collect them.

When your email program says the email was "sent" ok, that just means it got to the recipient's server. As far as Outlook Express is concerned, it was delivered.

The problem must be with your email servers (those operated by your ISP or hotmail) or with the email servers of your recipients ISP. You will need to discuss it with the ISP's concerned.

If the matter is not resolved, i would consider an alternative to hotmail. It's massive popularity and user-base is it's downfall in some ways, and I'm not convinced a subscription account offers any real improvements. Free or otherwise, all that massive bulk of emails and junk still have to pass through the same servers.

Edited by pip22, 27 February 2007 - 04:43 AM.