Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display problems

• Please log in to reply

musntgrumble

musntgrumble

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi

I'm running XP on a AMD Athlon64 2.2ghz with 512Mram.

I'm having problems with my display (graphics). My machine is about 3 years old with no major problems so far.
On initial start up the display seems fine but after a while the icons on desktop appear as a series of
vertical broken lines (picture,gap,picture,gap) - hope this makes sense. This is also true on IE7 where some of the graphics appear the same way. The problem is starting to get worse and is now affecting the screensaver.
The only game i run is doom3 - this was fine for the last 3 months but is now running poorly - with the graphics breaking up into large triangles and what looks like data across the screen.

My graphics card is a Radeon9800 pro and secondary.

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Graphics driver update would be a good starting point.

And what do mean by "secondary". secondary what?

musntgrumble

musntgrumble

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I was looking in the Device Manager and it just says
Radeon 9800 PRO
Radeon 9800 PRO - Secondary