Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multiple Connections on the one system

• Please log in to reply

sparky202

sparky202

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I'm trying to connect two internet connections, through two Network cards. one is set to a static Ip address, and connects to a private network. the second NIC connects directly to the internet. does anyone have any idea how to configure the cards so that the two connections will run at the same time? i've tried bridging the 2 cards, with no joy. when their not bridged, one works fine, and the other wont. please help!

thanks,

sparky

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I think you're talking about internet connection sharing or ICS.

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=92406

Edited by 98springer, 27 February 2007 - 09:56 PM.

sparky202

sparky202

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No, thats wasn't what i was talking about... i got it sorted, i had to add a persistant route into the system, remove one of the DNS, and set the cisco switch to broadcast the DNS instead... thanks anyway!

Sparky

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
:whistling: