Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Changing the name of a picture.

• Please log in to reply

christinaolivet25

christinaolivet25

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having trouble with some of my scanned pictures. I did a couple of scans and want to put them on photo bucket and it wont let me due to they are named scan*****.tif. I need them to be jpg. Can someone please help me to change them.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
first off just changing their name won't make them jpg. You will have to look in your scanning software to see if you can scan them direct to jpg. or you can open them in a photo editing software and do a save as and then select jpg as the type of file. as far as the part in front of the dot you can just change it to what ever you want.

VonCreutz

VonCreutz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Download Xnview. It's a free program and it will let you convert your picture to whatever file format
you prefer. :whistling:

http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-0-1