Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error loading

• Please log in to reply

cflowers

cflowers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I start my computer I get a error message c:\windows\system32\jvtcardk.dll this module can not be found. Right before this happened, I unistalled a google pak. I had just found trojan,Vundo as well. with norton. Norton could not help, but AVG quarantined it for me. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
First off let's make sure you are totally clean of Malware. Please go to the Malware Forum Section and follow the pinned instructions thoroughly. Once the Malware Experts have given you a clean bill of health, please post back here if your problem still exists. Do not open a new thread.

Good luck.

Ron

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I can't find any reference to jvtcardk.dll on google search, but I can tell you it's not on my Windows XP-SP2 system so it's definitely not a standard Windows file.

What's most likely is that file was part of a program which has since been removed. Consequently, that dll file no longer exists but the uninstaller has left it's startup entry in the Registry -- hence the error.

You can get rid of the error permanently by using the Windows System Configuration Editor like this:

Start->Run. Type MSCONFIG and click "OK".
Now click the 'Startup' tab.
Look in the list for a reference to "jvtcardk.dll"
Remove the tick against that entry.

Now reboot and the error should have gone.
You will get a pop-up box reminding you that you've just altered something with MSconfig.
Simply tick the option for "Do not show this reminder in future" (or something like that). It won't bother you again, until you change something else with MSconfig.

Edited by pip22, 27 February 2007 - 02:05 PM.