Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cursor jumps to different line

• Please log in to reply

sannie

sannie

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I've noticed that when I write an email in Thunderbird or sometimes also in the Internet Browser window,
my cursor all of the sudden jumps to a different line.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can stop that? :whistling:

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Sounds like a problem with the keyboard. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?

sannie

sannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Sounds like a problem with the keyboard. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?

I have a laptop [DELL Inspiron 6000].

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
This happened to me a while ago, and it was because when I was typing my palm was touching the mouse sensor on the laptop, causing the cursor to move and thus start typing somewhere else.

When you're typing, try conciously to not touch that sensor and see if you still jump to a different line.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Are you sure this isn't the Snap-To function in windows... This is when the cursor jumps to the topmost box that pops up, say "next" on an installer, or "OK" on a warning...

sannie

sannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Are you sure this isn't the Snap-To function in windows... This is when the cursor jumps to the topmost box that pops up, say "next" on an installer, or "OK" on a warning...

No, it happens while I am writing an email for example that the cursor just jumps up two lines...