Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ethernet connection

• Please log in to reply

count.zero

count.zero

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys,

ive just re-installed xp on my computer, but it when i did, the QoS Packet Scheduler was missing from the NIC information (i tried to install it but couldnt find it anywhere). its stopping me access the other computers on the network, the xbox and the internet.

any ideas?

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
hi and welcome to g2g,

go to start /control panel /(classic veiw) administrative tools. Sellect "services". see if the QoS service is enabled, started and set to automatic.

count.zero

count.zero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i've just enabled it, thanks .. im still not able to access the network throught the computer though, its been forever since i had to deal with this stuff ive forgotten how to fix these problems.

im not sure if it has anything to do with it, but when i run ipconfig through the command console, all it comes up with is 'windows ip configuration' and it doesnt show the ip addresses of the two NIC's

edit - actually i still cant install the QoS, when i try to add it to one of the NIC's all it will let me add is "service advertising protocol"

Edited by count.zero, 28 February 2007 - 02:14 AM.