Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Quicktime won't uninstall

• Please log in to reply

zenarrrow

zenarrrow

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello, new to the forum what a great site !!

ANyhow I have a problem with itunes I have to reinstall it. But I can't, when I do it sends an error message"itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close" Anywho, I figured out that I need to install quicktime as a standalone app then itunes. When I do that I get a message stating that my version of quicktime is newer than that I am attemping to download. So I go to add/remove programs and try to remove it, won't let me staing "The following file does not exist or is not a valid uninstallation log file. I tried windows instant clean up, read that I need to click on quicktime and remove it that way, it does not show up. Anyway to get it to show up?

Anyhow, when I click on quicktime in add/remove programs I get a location of where it is, should I go into the hidden files like this Local Disc C: > Windows > System 32 > to the quick time folders Quicktime , Quicktime, Quicktime check.ocx, Quicktime extention and delete those files?

>>>---Zen---->

Edited by zenarrrow, 28 February 2007 - 01:31 AM.

Advertisements