Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Help Connecting Xbox to PC

• Please log in to reply

john20072007

john20072007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I am looking for help in connecting my Xbox game system to a pc laptop to play. I am unsure what hardware I need to buy to make this work. I can't play the system on the television I have. It doesn't have any inputs available. Please tell me what I need to buy to make my Xbox work. Thanks!

John

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Well I'm not sure it would be possible with a laptop but i can tell you what you need a LCD monitor screen. So you will need 1. DVI input 2. DVI -> High Definition TV 3. HDD conectors for x box 360 (comes with premium system). If your laptop has a DVI port then it is possible.

Edit: I use old tvs with no a/v inputs for x boxs. Just hook a VCR or DVD player up to the tv and connect it through there.

Edited by Titan8990, 28 February 2007 - 09:15 PM.

john20072007

john20072007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If I have an old TV without AV input, just cable, can I use an RF adapter to play my Xbox?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
This is what you are looking for. It will prolly run you $20-$30. I still have to suggest just connecting the xbox through a VCR (which you can also get for $30).