Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a Games PC

• Please log in to reply

megabite

megabite

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Friends in the UK wants to build a Gaming PC and would like to know the best place to get parts if anybody knows.......online stores are fine.

He doesn't want to spend a fortune but would like it to play most games

He's looking at

• ASUS M2N32 WS Professional - mainboard - ATX - nForce 590 SL (Motherboard)

• AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core Processor

• Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro Video Card

OR

• ABIT AB9, P965, Socket-775, GbLAN, ATX, 6xSATAII, DDR2, Firewire, PCI-Ex16 (Motherboard)

• Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket LGA775, 2MB, BOXED

• XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 XXX, PCI-Express,

So far.......

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
The Radeon 1950Pro is better than the 7600GT, but the Core 2 Duo system will be better performance. Although saying that, I have a 4600+ myself which is overclocked and is running at the speed of a 5200+, and I have a 7600GT. I can play all newest games on medium or low detail. The 7600GT is only really a cheap card until I get an ATi R600.

olderwhiskeynandfasterhorses

olderwhiskeynandfasterhorses

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Try newegg.com or tigerdirect.com.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Those two sites are american, OCUK, ebuyer, scan are the better places to use. The top system is the best but get something other than Asus for the motherboard the AMD system will be much better than your intel thanks to the better gfx card.