Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Problem

• Please log in to reply

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I have a HP Deskjet 970Cxi and recently it will not print in color properly. The only color that it will print in from Word is green (and black) and from Publisher it will only print in green, blue, and black. I have tried everything i know to try and fix this problem, even down to reinstalling the printer. Any ideas or suggestions?

Advertisements

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I think that maybe your printer needs to be cleaned. It should have a cleaning kit that allows you to do so. If you clean it and are still having issues, it may be the cartridge.

Edited by techie4fun, 28 February 2007 - 09:51 AM.

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I have run printer head cleaning cycles on it multiple times, and i have changed the printer cartridge to make sure that is was not just a bad cartridge. There is not a cleaning kit persay with exception of the cleaning process that is in the software (cleaning the heads).

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01TheShadow630 HP 930cxiPrinter 1st March2007

I have tried everything i know to try and fix this problem, even down to reinstalling the printer. Any ideas or suggestions?

1st you have to distinguish between – Printer Problem & Application Problem – The easiest method to do this is to follow the instructions from HP and print an – Internal Test Page – from the Printer – See Link/s – It is best to check out the printer – 1st – And confirm its performance – The Properties – of the Internal Test Pages is controlled by HP and not an Application –

Printing Factors -
· Paper
· Ink Cartridges
· Improper Cartridge Order
· Inkwell has excessive ink overspill
· Print Head Alignment
· Print Head Failure
· Combination of problems

How old is Printer – You know that every time that the – Printer is turned ON – A [Clean Print Cartridges is initiated – This over Daily usage over the years – can cause the ink to spillover into the inkwell and clog up the printing process

Other Printing Factors
· Paper thickness setting
· Print Resolution
· Paper Type selection
· Worn Roller
· Paper alignment
· Monitor settings – when comparing monitor colors to print colors

HP Print Test – Use Printer Internal Controls – By pressing Printer Button/s
http://h10025.www1.h...n...=en&lang=en This has link to link below -

Internal Test Page – Must select your Printer Model -
http://h10025.www1.h...=bpd07098#N1265

Browse thru HP FAQ & support pages – Hope this ha been useful for/to you