Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstall programs

• Please log in to reply

Koki

Koki

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Just solved a problem I was having with my NIS 2007 program (see my other post of "problem launching NIS 2007"). I've been trying to solve the problem for 3 weeks. I started "exploring" my program and common files and discovered an old Panda folder, that somehow "survived" the Panda Uninstall Program that I ran before trying to put in Norton. So I reran the Panda uninstall and the folder I'd found was emptied and... now I have a NORTON button on the bar AND my desktop icon and All Programs list button launch the program like they're supposed to!

So, beware the uninstall process. Doublecheck yourself and maybe it will solve your problem too.
Hope this helps somebody else end his/her frustration.

This is a great site for help/comments, etc. But hope I'm only back to VISIT for some time! Koki

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It's a common failing with almost all uninstallers failing to clean up thoroughly.
I make a point of checking all my folders after uninstalling something - have done for several years - the 'search' tool is a good and quick way of doing this. I check the Registry keys too, under the 'software' key.

Koki

Koki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your comments! I'll try it next time I uninstall. Have a nice day! Koki