Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless help please !

• Please log in to reply

SuzieV

SuzieV

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am trying to network a Windows Media XP using a D Link adapter. I can't connect to the router. The Network ID is greyed out and I may have put in some networking information during installation that was wrong.
I don't have a recovery CD.
The media edition pc allows me to manually assign a IP address but I can't make a connection with the router even though the icon in the bottom right hand corner is saying I am connected to the network. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I am trying to network a Windows Media XP using a D Link adapter. I can't connect to the router. The Network ID is greyed out and I may have put in some networking information during installation that was wrong.

I would recommend doing a reset on your current router configurations. On the back of the router, there should be a reset button, you should reset it so that you can then load the new computer with the d-link adapter into your new home network to get things connecting.