Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a New comp over summer

• Please log in to reply

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
yeah still not possitive on the hard drive, and i'm sure i'll be waiting for at least another month or so to get all the stuff, this is just what i'm lookin for

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Here this is a good hard drive.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822145129
Also you'll need a PSU :whistling: That I cannot help you to much with as I can't remember what the suggested amount of amps per rails are.
James

Edited by james_8970, 18 March 2007 - 08:00 PM.

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
alright made some few add-ons (psu and hard drive) total comes out to be around 1100 (not including the 2-3 mail-in rebates), which is a lil pricey and i'll wait to see if any of these or others like it will fall down a bit in a little over a month when i'm gonna fork over the cash. Again keep the suggestions going and thanks for everything so far.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I already suggested a powersupply back toward the beginning of the thread but noone saw it I guess LOL...

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
good call :whistling: Take the PSU jrm20 said :blink:
wait till the end of april beginning of may, the prices will make any person happy. Price wars=great prices for consumers.
Bring on the price wars! Can hardly wait to see the bickering between Nvida and ATI aka AMD.
The only thing is, your going to want a 8600GTS they are going to be going for around 175$ and they are DX10. The dual core graphics cards will be on the very, high/enthiusiast end, if the rumors are even true, but I don't think we are ready for it yet. I think the rumors will be false due to power connector and PSU constrants but kinda hope I'm wrong because it'll be one [bleep] of a card if it does come out.
James

Edit: If you could, edit your first post so that it's easier to find your build as you update it.

Edited by james_8970, 19 March 2007 - 10:05 PM.

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I already suggested a powersupply back toward the beginning of the thread but noone saw it I guess LOL...

oops by bad dude, i guess i didn't see that post :S