Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Access - forms

• Please log in to reply

waggs

waggs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a combo box on a form which picks up a company, its address, phone etc. The same company can go into multiple records on the form.

What my problem is that there are several contact people for each company and what I would like to know is if there is any way I can select the company for a particular record and then be able to select one contact out of the several that belong to the company.

I have been to the Microsoft site and have looked at what they have which are 2 combo boxes based on 2 tables but when I try to make mine work I'm not having much success. I'm not sure whether I'm not working out the code correctly.

My Access skills are self-taught - I have no programming skills.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

waggs :tazz:

Advertisements

Tom_Lon

Tom_Lon

• Pip
  • 9 posts
First off, what is your goal in this? You say that you are wanting to select one contact for that company. What will you be doing with this data? Are you only wanting one contact to be displayed (is this a contact management app of sorts?)?

A little more info may help us and you out.

waggs

waggs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Tom

The records are strata properties and I have inserted a combo box picking up the information of the company developing the properties. There are several properties being developed by the same developing company.

However, some of the developing companies can have 2 or 3 different contact people. What I need to do is select the correct contact person for that property.

I have created 2 tables for the developing companies; one for the developer details and one for contact details.

I hope you can make sense of this.

waggs :tazz:

Tom_Lon

Tom_Lon

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Waggs, I will get you a response on this tomorrow. Be prepared that it will be long.