Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express 6 corrupt folder

• Please log in to reply

zuzuspetals

zuzuspetals

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi. I normally open up OE6 which automatically connects to the internet and downloads new messages. Today though it just hung after trying to download new email. After a bit of playing about I think this is happening when email gets moved to a sub folder through a rule. I can no longer open this folder. I've tried working offline and simply clicking on this Outlook folder and this causes the hang straight away and I can't see any older messages in this folder.

I have to use Task Manager to kill OE. I've tried system restore to when I know it was working but this doesn't seem to fix it.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Have a look at this page while I track down more info on your problem: Outlook Express Basic Repair Kit

Ron