Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

playing with cpu's

• Please log in to reply

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
http://www.ecs.com.t.../...D=1&LanID=9
well i finally got off the 1.8ghz(oced at 2.03ghz) celeron. got a good deal on 3 cpus from local shop. i got 2 p4's and 1 cel. both p4's were same 2A GHZ/512/400/1.5v. the cel was a 2.66 GHZ/256/533/???. turns out the cel was fried returned it. i traded the cel for a p4 2.4 GHZ/512/400/1.525v. the first p4 (2 ghz) im running oced at 2.3ghz stable. i put this 2.4ghz cpu in and i get a BSOD before windows boots (the 0x0....24) that comes up when oced at 2.76ghz. without oc it gets to boot screen then BSOD's i already forgot the code. ANYWAY i got the 3 processors for 30bux. im going to exchange the 2.4ghz tomarrow if i cant get it to work. i might be coming home with a lcd screen :blink:. any suggestions on the cpu? also do not get vista :whistling:

Advertisements

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hi there. What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve with these processors, as you haven't quite stated what you are looking for. Performance wise, obviously the P4 processors you have are going to outperform the Celeron, evidently because Celeron's really are not that great at all.
I am guessing you are wondering why you're getting the BSOD's with the processor. Personally, I am unsure of the cause of this, but do know from experience that overclocking processors tends to increase the possibility of getting BSOD's, try clocking it back to its factory default are try there and work your way up the OC ladder...

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
yea i like the p4's better :blink: also as i stated the 2.4ghz unoverclocked gets a little farther, starts loading windows then BAM a different bsod :whistling:. yes the 512kb cache is alot better than the 1.8ghz celerons 128kb lol :help:

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Any idea what the BSOD's are, or do they flash up and restart too quickly to write down? I have had a processor before that had been overclocked, which started to go bad, so I returned it to the normal 1.8ghz and it still didnt boot and gave BSOD's all the time, I'd take a wild guess and say that's the same thing that's happened with this processor.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
i have it set where it doesnt auto reboot. but yea thats what im thinking. i bought these used at the local shop. but i can exchange them :whistling:
i havent had the chance to throw the 2.4 back in and write down the error code

Edited by AnthonyJ, 01 March 2007 - 08:47 PM.